Raymetrics has been manufacturing high technology solutions for studying the atmosphere for more than a decade. We design and build a range of laser-based remote sensing instruments (LIDARs) which are suitable for a variety of purposes, including academic uses (such as scientific studies of the atmosphere), commercial uses (such as dust trackers for use in open pit mines), and operational uses (such as our Raman depolarization LIDAR optimized for volcanic ash detection).
Innovative Products and Services
Raymetrics has sold its products all across the world, including in the USA, India, China, Africa, South America, South East Asia and Europe. The company has built up an extensive client list, which includes such prestigious organizations as the European Space Agency (ESA), the UK Met Office, Meteo France, and the German Aerospace Centre (DLR).
The company was founded with an aim of selling to research institutes, which it has done successfully for the past 13 years. However, as LIDAR becomes better known as a solution, the applications are expanding and Raymetrics’ client base is changing. The company has recently begun selling entire networks of systems for meteorological applications including volcanic ash detection. Other new markets are also now opening up in aviation, such as fog detection and remote visibility (Slant Visual Range) for airports. Raymetrics is therefore now expanding to meet the increased demand.
Experience and Expertise
Dust tracking services for mines / major pollution sources
Software development services (mainly for LIDAR applications or for integrating equipment)
Optical design services (custom Cassegrainian telescopes for LIDAR applications)
Partnership on development of projects for laser-based optical instruments
Custom LIDAR design
LIDAR training services
Additional leaflets: http://www.raymetrics.com/#!downloads/cbzg
Target partners and collaborations sought
Raymetrics is seeking partners in the following fields:
- Optics - including advanced knowledge of optics, particularly design of optical systems such as telescopes (SMEs, research organizations)
- Lasers - including laser design, laser manufacturing, laser maintenance (SMEs, research organizations)
- Software development – new algorithm incorporation and/or development for new applications (particularly in aviation), new interface designs, integration with existing platforms (SMEs, research organizations, aviation organizations)
- Partners with knowledge in similar product areas for future product development - e.g. other LIDAR technology – Differential Absorption LIDARs, Doppler LIDARs, etc. (SMEs, research organizations)
- Partners for testing a 3D scanning LIDAR for wildfire early warning (end users, research organizations, governmental bodies, national parks, investors)
- Partners for developing a daytime water vapour Raman LIDAR for meteorological applications (end users, research organizations, governmental bodies, met agencies, investors)
- Partners for developing a gas detection solution (end users, research organizations, governmental bodies, met agencies, investors)
- Partners for developing other future LIDAR products (end users, research organizations, investors)Distributors/partners for expanding in key areas (Middle East, Australasia, North America)